This is really sad. Here’s the links:
- Blackboard Patent – Internet-based education support system and methods
- Slashdot Discussion on Blackboard Patent
- Academic Commons on Blackboard Patent
- Seb Schmoller on Blackboard Patent
There’s links and comments by bloggers on those pages for you to follow up on.
A while back with the pro teachers we spent some time looking at software idea patents, it doesn’t seem so irrelevent now so here’s some more info.
- No Learning Patents
- Software patents under the magnifying glass
- Obstacles to software development – rms at the University of Cambridge
- Did You Say “Intellectual Property”? It’s a Seductive Mirage
- EU Parliament bins software patent bill
- No Software Patents
- The Foundation for a Free Information Infrastructure
A little off topic but a good read.
Listen to Dr Stallman’s audio recordings about patents and copyright, copy and paste this feed into your aggregator.